Teaching, encouraging, and nurturing God’s children since 1950
First United Methodist Church preschool is a Christian Preschool with classes for 3 year olds and 4/5 year olds.
“Let the Little Children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these
that the kingdom of God belongs. Mark 10:14
Regretfully the FUMC Preschool is currently closed due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Our commitment begins in the classroom by using:
- Prayer, stories, songs to teach God’s love
- Units of study: farm life, dinosaurs, fire safety, holidays, etc.
- Circle time
- Art activities
- Games for developing listening and following direction skills
- Center Play: blocks, books, housekeeping, developmental table
- Science experiments
- Academic exposure
- Fine and gross motor skill development
- Outdoor play
- Field Trips
Our preschool teachers are experienced loving and dedicated to the care and instruction of your children.
Job Opening –
Full-Time Preschool Teacher
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: The teacher coordinates and supervises all aspects of the preschool program at FUMC and works cooperatively with other members of the church and preschool staff to maintain a high-quality preschool program.
Qualifications: The teacher must have training and/or experience in early childhood education. Work skills include planning, implementing and evaluating age-appropriate curriculum for young children, maintaining a cooperative working relationship with families and volunteers, communicating with families and maintain appropriate records.
- Adapting daily routines to meet the interest and needs of the
individual child and the group
- Developing curriculum and activities that support the Virginia
- Ensuring that the facility and all equipment is clean, well-maintained, and safe
- Comply with policies and procedures
- Maintaining family engagement
- Participating in on-going in-service and education development opportunities, and participating in the ongoing development and evaluation of the program’s goals and objectives
- Planning and implementing activities that meet the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social needs of your students
- Providing a classroom environment that encourages parent participation
- Providing adequate equipment and activities
- Additional duties as assigned by the Board